Emoji Selector (for GNOME Shell)
This GNOME shell extension provides a searchable popup menu displaying most emojis ; Clicking on an emoji copies it to your clipboard.
- keyboard shortcut to open the extension's menu (Super+E by defaut)
- dynamic research (press enter to copy the first result to the clipboard)
- lots of parametrable things
- skin tone & gender modifiers
- middle click to set to the cliboard without closing the menu (or Ctrl+Enter)
- right click to add the emoji at the end of the current clipboard content (or Shift+Enter)
currently Unicode 10
Arch Linux users can install ttf-emojione from AUR.
Color emojis depends on the system you're using (GNOME > 3.26 is recommended).
Contributors & translations
- Ryan Gonzalez (port to ES6 classes)
- amivaleo (italian translation + lot of ideas)
- jonnius (german translation)
- picsi / frnogueira (brazilian portuguese and esperanto translations)
The extension is currently available in english, french, brazilian portuguese, italian, esperanto and german. I only know french and english, so if you need a specific language, please contribute: you just have to be inspired by the existing .po files !
Default way to do
The better option is to install it from here.
For Arch Linux users
Arch Linux users can install gnome-shell-extension-emoji-selector-git from AUR.
Download and extract the ZIP, then open a terminal in the project's directory, and run
./install.sh. It should copy the "email@example.com" folder to
~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/, which can be done manually if you want.
You may need to restart the gnome shell environment ("logout and login again", or
r + enter).