Cloudformation stack to create and manage a scheduled lambda function which triggers on-demand DynamoDB table backups. On-demand DynamoDB backups creates full table backups without interruption and which are automatically encrypted and catalogued. On-demand DynamoDB backups are retained until they are explicity deleted.
Before running this stack in your AWS account, you should first make sure:
.zippackage of this repository needs to exist on S3 in your account for the scheduling lambda function.
- You must have already created the source database you want to back up.
- (optional) As a convenience, we use cfn-config to deploy cloudformation stacks. It's not necessary though, as you can just use the
aws cloudformation createCLI or the AWS CloudFormation API directly.
dynamodb-backups.template parameter description
- GitSha - the gitsha of this repo you wish to deploy. cfn-config will automatically detect this for you, if you use cfn-config. This GitSha is used to fetch the correct version of the lambda zipfile bundle from S3.
- TableName - name of the dynamodb table you wish to back up.
- BackupSchedule - the desired backup schedule expressed as a CloudWatch rule schedule expression
- AlarmEmail - email to send alarms to (including lambda failures).