Note: development of geojson.io is currently paused. You may be interested in the new fork at https://geojson.net. Until development restarts, please refrain from adding issues to the tracker.
Goes Great With!
- Using geojson.io with GitHub is better with the Chrome Extension
- geojsonio-cli lets you shoot geojson from your terminal to geojson.io! (with nodejs)
- geojsonio.py lets you shoot geojson from your terminal to geojson.io! (with python)
- reproject reprojects geojson on the fly, and then you can pipe to geojson.io!
- GitSpatial makes GeoJSON on GitHub more like an API
You can interact with geojson.io programmatically in two ways:
Full API documentation can be found in API.md.
Install browserify'ied libraries:
Browserify libraries, concat other libraries, build minimal d3:
Run a local server with visionmedia/serve:
serve -p 8080
Port 8080 is recommended because by default geojson.io will use a
prose/gatekeeper auth server that redirects
http://localhost:8080/ for GitHub OAuth.
This is made up of small reusable chunks:
- TileMill for styling maps
- MapBox for all of the APIs used in geojson.io
- uMap is a similar tool with its own data storage