This is the first stable release of geojsonhint that supports the IETF GeoJSON standard
- Fixes winding order reversal from beta releases.
- Fix missing
bindirectory from beta1 release.
- geojsonhint.js has been removed from this repository: it's a built file,
useful for people who want to include geojson as a script tag. That file
will still be available on unpkg, which is documented in the readme. This
change ensures that contributors don't accidentally mess with the geojsonhint.js
built file when they should be editing the source files in
lib: now the repository contains only source files.
- vfile and vfile-reporter are upgraded. output is slightly different in formatting but functionally the same.
- 2.0.0 will be released once the IETF Draft graduates to a specification
- geojsonhint now validates according to the IETF specification of GeoJSON, which includes useful improvements in clarity.
- we now use
vfilefor fancier message formatting in output
- geojsonhint includes both warnings and errors now, so it can warn about things that are not technically wrong but can be improved, and enforce recommendations of the specification.
- Fixes a case where coordinate arrays that aren't nested deeply would trigger an uncaught exception
- Improves test coverage
- Introduces a new option,
noDuplicateMembers, and a stricter default behavior: repeated properties, which are ambiguous in JSON, are now forbidden by default with geojsonhint.
- Adds purely object-based api, accessible via
require('geojsonhint/object'). This is useful for performance-intensive browser libraries.
- Boosts code coverage testing to 100%
- Declares the public API
- This adds compatibility with objects as well as strings, and adds a benchmark to confirm that it's faster.
- Adds a .npmignore so that
npm install geojsonis significantly more efficient - excludes 496kb of testing fixtures
- Adds JSDoc comment to the source
idproperties as numbers as well as strings, to match the actual specification.
- Enforces the type of the Feature.id property
- Detects & reports incorrectly nested LinearRing arrays
- Now uses
- Modernized binary supports streams
- JSON parse errors are now parsed and output as objects rather than raw errors with strings.
- Stricter checking of LinearRing and Line coordinate length.