Maki is a point of interest icon set made especially for use with MapBox maps. For more information on how to use Maki with MapBox, see documentation at http://mapbox.com/tilemill/docs/guides/using-maki-icons/.
I recommend using Inkscape for editing and exporting from the .SVG to take advantage of Inkscape's batch export, as all the icons have unique ID's that Inkscape uses to create file names.
Maki follows these design principles:
- Simple, clear, recognizable
- Three sizes: 12/18/24 px
- Single color, with 1px 30% transparent white outline.
- Based upon internationally recognized symbols when appropriate. Good sources for symbol precedents include AIGA symbols, and the Noun Project.
To view the backlog of icons that need to be created, visit https://github.com/mapbox/maki/wiki/Maki-Backlog
- solid circle
- stroked circle
- solid square
- stroked square
- solid triangle
- stroked triangle
- solid star
- stroked star
- solid 'x'
- stroked 'x'
- solid marker
- stroked marker
- amenity='place_of_worship' religion='christian'
- amenity='place_of_worship' religion='jewish'
- amenity='place_of_worship' religion='muslim'
- parking lot (international)
- parking garage
- grocery store
- movie theatre
- amenity='bank' (international)
- leisure='pitch' (a general sports icon)
Disaster / Emergency