This is a script to show markers of players from a Minecraft server on maps rendered with Mapcrafter.
The script is free software and available under the GPL license. The PHP-Script to generate the player images is a modified version of the script TJ09 wrote (forum link).
You need some things to use this script:
- A map rendered with Mapcrafter
- A Bukkit Minecraft server with a plugin (MapTools) to provide the player data
- PHP for your webserver to generate the player images (alternatively, you could also use the default player skin or create the player images manually)
- PHP write access to a directory to cache the player images
- PHP-GD library
- Copy the files from the
playermarkersdirectory to an accessible web directory.
- Make sure that PHP has write access to a directory called
- Install the Bukkit plugin. A ready Jar-File of the MapTools plugin is included.
- Now configure the plugin to export the player data to an accessible file. You can directly configure this in the config file of the plugin or you can create a symlink to the file (on Linux systems, but I hope that you are already on a Linux system):
ln -s /path/to/minecraft/server/players.json /path/to/www/playermarkers/players.json
Now configure the
The last point is that you have to include the script into your rendered map. Open your Mapcrafter template
index.htmlfile and add the following lines after the
<script>section where the Mapcrafter UI is initialized:
- Now you can update the template of your rendered map by running
mapcrafter -c <configfile> -r.
Have fun with the player markers!