MAPIR_Camera_Control repository. We will no longer update or support this plugin.We've moved all of the functionality of the QGIS plugin to a standalone program over on our
QGIS Distribution for MAPIR Cameras
This repository contains the QGIS distribution for use with MAPIR cameras. The distribution is in a beta stage while we work on getting it placed in the QGIS plugin repository.
- MAPIR Survey2 (all filter models)
- DJI Inspire X3 with PEAU 3.97mm NDVI (Red+NIR) lens installed
- DJI Phantom 4 & 3 with PEAU 3.97mm NDVI (Red+NIR) lens installed
Functionality for above supported cameras includes:
- Convert Survey2 RAW to TIFF, converts DJI DNG to TIFF
- Calibrate directory of images using MAPIR Reflectance Target image taken before survey or uses built-in reflectance values if no target image supplied
- Converts TIFF to JPG after calibration if desired
Functionality still in the works:
- Creating index images
- Download and install QGIS program HERE
- Download the MAPIR_Processing folder, unzip it and add the "MAPIR_Processing" folder to your C:\Users\ (your computer user name) .qgis2\python\plugins folder (if the plugins folder does not exist, please create it). Note: Check to make sure there is no sub directory named "MAPIR_Processing" in your "MAPIR_PRocessing" folder. If there is, copy the contents of the sub directory to C:\Users\ (your computer user name) .qgis2\python\plugins instead.
- Start QGIS as an administrator (right mouse click, run as admin). (Starting as admin only required the first time you run a new install of the plugin)
- In the Plugin menu, select "Manage and Install Plugins", search for "MAPIR", click the check box next to the "MAPIR_Processing" plugin.
- In the QGIS top Plugin menu bar, choose the MAPIR plugin.
##Attention: We've found a fatal flaw in trying to run the plugin on MacOS, Mac support will be discontinued until further notice
To pre-process images (convet RAW images to TIFFs): -- Select the "Pre-Process" tab -- Select a camera model -- Select an input folder -- Select an output folder -- Press the "Pre-Process Images" button
To Calibrate images -- Select the "Calibrate" tab -- Select a camera model -- Select a MAPIR ground target image (optional) -- Press the "Generate Calibration Values" button -- Select a folder containing images to calibrate -- Press the "Calibrate Images From Directory" button
- Photomonitoring Plugin by Ned Horning - American Museum of Natural History, Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
[1.1.3] - 2017-05-09
-Uploaded correct UI file -Camera model index logic -Calibration values generated from default JPG image calibration
[1.1.2] - 2017-05-08
-An logic error when reading .tiff calibration target images.
[1.1.1] - 2017-04-16
-Typoes cv2tColor -> cvtColor.
[1.1.0] - 2017-04-05
- Issue where JPGs from the DJI model cameras were coming out black.
[1.0.9] - 2017-04-03
- Issue locating QR taget when supplied with a JPG.
- Issue processing images from Survey1 camera.
[1.0.8] - 2017-03-07
- Issue with Calibration step and inproper indexing of camera models.
[1.0.7] - 2017-03-02
- Removed the Vignette correction and color normalization due to a critical flaw in the design.
- Modified the UI to support lens and filter options for future use.
[1.0.6] - 2017-02-10
- Plugin now allows for users to trun vignette correction on/off
[1.0.5] - 2017-02-07
- EXIF information now properly copied, including geotagging information
- Program no longer tries to read GDAL projections from images other than GeoTIFFs
[1.0.4] - 2017-01-31
- Vignette correction
- Vignette correction and normalization are now always performed
- Plugin now transfers projection data in preprocess and calibrate steps
[1.0.3] - 2016-12-19
- Normalization of RGB images in the Preprocess step.
[1.0.2] - 2016-12-15
- Transfer of GeoTIFF metadata.
- Application no longer requires administrator access to run on Windows.
- Plugin no longer loads non image files with "tif" or "jpg" in the filepath.
[1.0.1] - 2016-12-13
- Legacy support for Survey1 camera models in Calibrate tab.
[1.0.0] - 2016-12-13
- MacOS X is now supported
- Plugin now warns when trying to overwrite tiffs created when preprocessing DNG images instead of throwing an exception.
[0.0.3] - 2016-12-6
- Tiffs now properly convert to Jpegs when checking the "Convert calibrated tiffs to jpgs" box
- Found issues when trying to install plugin on Mac OSX. Working on a solution.
[0.0.2] - 2016-12-2
- Now stores previously selected filepaths to make navigation easier
- Cleaned up UI layout
- Missing default calibration for DKI camera models
- QR calibration percentage values
[0.0.1] - 2016-12-1
- Issue with merging channels in DJIx3 images