Post via email support for Idno
This plugin provides the ability to post messages to your idno powered site by sending an email to a special address.
Out of the box the plugin supports:
- Status updates (if subject + body length < 140 chars)
- Text updates (if subject + body > 140 chars)
- Photos (if image attachment attached)
- mailparse (pecl install mailparse)
Install into your IdnoPlugins directory and activate it in the plugins setting panel.
Each user, on their settings page with then be able to generate a secret email address that they can email messages to.
In order for email to be processed you need to specify a catch-all email address rule on your server that redirects incoming email to /my/idno/site/IdnoPlugins/IdnoEmailPosting/script/incoming_email.php
For example, create an entry in /etc/aliases as follows:
idno: "|/usr/bin/php -q /my/idno/site/IdnoPlugins/IdnoEmailPosting/script/incoming_email.php"
And then bounce any email you get to this alias.
In exim you might do this by editing the routers section in exim4.conf.template
catch_idno: debug_print = "R: Idno posting for $local_part@$domain" driver = redirect domains = [your domain] data = idno@localhost
If you only want to add support for a specific address, but allow all other messages to behave normally, then add the following to the above.
local_parts = [your secret email code (before the @)]
Note, by default, exim doesn't allow piping to a script. Enable it by editing/creating exim4.conf.localmacros and adding:
SYSTEM_ALIASES_PIPE_TRANSPORT = address_pipe
To POSSE syndicate to silo services like Twitter or Facebook, use the service name as a | (pipe) in the subject line or the body of your message.
I just ate some cake |twitter |facebook
- Hook into new notifications system to provide direct reply to notifications.
- When posting images, quite often the mail parsing functions won't find the text part of the message. Not sure why...
Released under the Apache 2.0 licence: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
- Author: Marcus Povey http://www.marcus-povey.co.uk