Elgg 1.8 Recaptcha code
Hooks into the elgg event system to provide an extensible captcha validation tool based on recaptcha.
I'm sure there are other captcha implementations for elgg, but I couldn't see one that worked quite right or was updated fairly often. I had this kicking around for a 1.6 build so I did a quick update.
- Follow the usual Elgg module installation practices, I.e. put the directory in your /mod.
- Visit reCaptcha.net http://recaptcha.net and get public and private keys for your domain
- Place these keys in the plugin's settings.
- Use the view input/captcha in your forms to display the captcha
- Listen to the 'actionlist', 'captcha' plugin hook in your plugin's init function, and add to an array of actions which require captcha validation.