- Node.js v0.10.x
- Mapnik node.js bindings (
npm install mapnik@latest
A few examples have other dependencies. Install all possible like:
npm install express generic-pool get
Examples are designed to be run from the root like:
node ./render/app.js ./stylesheet.xml map.png
Examples are arranged into topic directories:
- render - Simple map to image renderer example. Start here.
- image - Server that just responds with a single image.
- tile - Example tileservers. Also includes PostGIS example. (see https://github.com/springmeyer/coalition for a fuller example with PostGIS)
- wms - Example WMS servers (see https://github.com/mapbox/landspeed.js for a real WMS server)
- utils - helper methods
- data - world map shapefile used in examples
- stylesheet.xml - sample mapnik xml stylesheet
To run most examples, read the code then execute their app.js file.
In tile examples you can view the output in polymaps via tile/index.html