Please put all issues regarding IPFS design in the ipfs repo issues.
Please put all issues regarding go IPFS implementation in this repo.
Install Go. Then:
go get github.com/jbenet/go-ipfs/cmd/ipfs cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/jbenet/go-ipfs/cmd/ipfs go install
git and mercurial (
hg) are required in order for
go get to fetch all dependencies.
If you are interested in development, please install the development dependencies as well.
ipfs - global versioned p2p merkledag file system Basic commands: add <path> Add an object to ipfs. cat <ref> Show ipfs object data. ls <ref> List links from an object. refs <ref> List link hashes from an object. Tool commands: config Manage configuration. version Show ipfs version information. commands List all available commands. Advanced Commands: mount Mount an ipfs read-only mountpoint. Use "ipfs help <command>" for more information about a command.
go-ipfs is MIT licensed open source software. We welcome contributions big and small! Please make sure to check the issues. Search the closed ones before reporting things, and help us with the open ones.
- see the dev pseudo-roadmap
- please adhere to the protocol described in the main ipfs repo and paper.
- please make branches + pull-request, even if working on the main repository
- ask questions or talk about things in Issues or #ipfs on freenode.
- ensure you are able to contribute (no legal issues please-- we'll probably setup a CLA)
go fmtbefore pushing any code
go vettoo -- some things (like protobuf files) are expected to fail.
- if you'd like to work on ipfs part-time (20+ hrs/wk) or full-time (40+ hrs/wk), contact @jbenet
- have fun!
Ipfs is still under heavy development, there is a lot to be done!
- Finish Bitswap
- Connect fuse interface to Blockservice
- Write tests for bitswap
- Come up with more TODO items
If you make changes to the protocol buffers, you will need to install the protoc compiler.