MapR-DB REST Application
This project shows how to integrate MapR-DB JSON and Java with the OJAI API to build a REST Application.
- A Main class that start Jetty Server and configure a REST Interface using JAX-RS
- Swagger to easily access the API http
- An Angular JS Application that consumes this API
- Java SDK 7 or newer
- Maven 3
- MapR 5.1 Sandbox or Cluster
In your MapR-DB environment, using a terminal, create the following folder, and change the permissions:
ssh mapr@maprdemo cd /mapr/demo.mapr.com/ chmod 777 apps mkdir apps/blog chmod 777 apps/blog
Clone this repository, then
mvn clean package
To Run the application:
mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="com.mapr.db.samples.rest.Main"
Once the server is started you can access the Swagger UI using the following URI:
Or the Web applications
You can use the Web application to create a user and a blog post.
Then in the Swagger UI you can discover some interesting features:
- Create user from a predefined JSON Object (POJO)
- Create user from "any" JSON String
- List users using a simple projection
- Update user to add a nickname, add interests, and remove these attributes. You see here the flexible schema in action
- Query users by interest (list)
- Similar features are exposed in the Articles REST API.