Automatic generation for Mapsforge maps and pois (based on our guide).
For the old process using planet.osm see here.
- The script downloads OpenStreetMap data from Geofabrik and land polygons from OpenStreetMapData.
- You will need a working Osmosis installation.
- Download the map-writer and poi-writer plugins (jar-with-dependencies), either their release version from Maven Central or their snapshot version from Sonatype OSS Repository Hosting. See the Osmosis documentation for how to properly install them.
- You could increase the Java heap space that may be allocated for Osmosis. You can do so by editing the script
$OSMOSIS_HOME/bin/osmosis(.bat)and insert a line with
JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xmx800m. This sets the maximum available Java heap space to 800MB. Of course you can set this parameter to a value which fits best for your purpose.
- Requirements are working installations of: GDAL, Java, Perl, Python 2.x with GDAL.
- map-creator script has some config specifications in
# Configurationsection at the top. Adjust them to your environment: Osmosis home, data path, output paths, variable tag values etc. Or can set externally the relevant variables.
./map-creatorscript without arguments to see its usage.