Automatic generation for Mapsforge maps / pois (based on our guide) and GraphHopper graphs.
For the old process using planet.osm see here.
- The script downloads OpenStreetMap data from Geofabrik and land polygons from OpenStreetMap Data.
- You will need a working Osmosis installation.
- You may need a working GraphHopper 1.0 installation (graphhopper-web-1.0.jar and config.yml).
- Download the map-writer and poi-writer plugins (jar-with-dependencies), either their release version from Maven Central or their snapshot version from Sonatype OSS Repository Hosting. See the Osmosis documentation for how to properly install them.
- You could increase the Java heap space that may be allocated for Osmosis and GraphHopper. You can do so by setting the global variable
JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xmx1024M. This sets the maximum available Java heap space to 1024MB. Of course you can set this parameter to a value which fits best for your purpose.
- Requirements are working installations of: GDAL, Java, Perl, Python 3.x with GDAL, Zip.
- The script has some config specifications in
Configurationsection at the top. Adjust them to your environment: Osmosis, GraphHopper, data/output paths, etc. Or can set externally the relevant variables.
./map-creator.shscript without arguments to see its usage.