VTM (Vector Tile Map) was developed within the OpenScienceMap project.
This fork continues VTM development and provides compatibility with Mapsforge.
If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask the Discussions for help.
- Java map library
- OpenGL vector-tile rendering
- Themeable vector layers (render themes)
- Support for multiple tile sources:
- OpenScienceMap vector tiles
- Mapsforge vector maps
- MBTiles vector & raster maps
- Mapbox vector tiles (e.g. Mapilion, Mapzen, Nextzen, OpenMapTiles)
- GeoJSON vector tiles (e.g. Mapzen, Nextzen)
- Raster tiles: any quadtree-scheme tiles as texture
- Building VTM: set
ANDROID_HOMEenvironment variable with the Android SDK installation directory
- vtm core library
- vtm-android Android backend
- vtm-android-example Android examples
- vtm-gdx common libGDX backend
- vtm-android-gdx Android libGDX backend
- vtm-desktop Desktop libGDX backend
- vtm-desktop-lwjgl Desktop LWJGL backend
- vtm-desktop-lwjgl3 Desktop LWJGL 3 backend
- vtm-playground Desktop examples
- vtm-ios iOS libGDX backend
- vtm-ios-example iOS examples
- vtm-web HTML5/GWT libGDX backend
- vtm-web-app HTML5/GWT application
OpenScienceMap view of Bremen.
- Hold right mouse button to change view direction.
- VTM is used by many applications.
- Mapsforge map providers.
This library contains code from several projects:
- Android (Apache 2.0): some Matrix code, TimSort (http://source.android.com)
- libGDX (Apache 2.0): AsyncTask, MathUtils, Interpolation, PixmapPacker (https://github.com/libgdx)
- mapsforge (LGPL3): based on 0.2.4 (https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge)
- osmdroid (Apache 2.0): some overlay classes (https://github.com/osmdroid/osmdroid)
- tessellate (SGI Free Software License B 2.0): (https://github.com/cscheid/tessellate)
VTM library is under LGPL v3 license, with an important simplification: the constraints mentioned in sections LGPL v3 §4(d) and §4(e) are waived.
This means that you are allowed to convey a Combined Work without providing the user any way to recombine or relink the application and without providing any shared library mechanism.
In other words, you are allowed to include VTM library in your Android application, without making your application open source.