This is now the official Mapstraction repository. It can be found at http://github.com/mapstraction/mxn
Users can switch maps as desired based on personal taste and quality of maps in their local area. Various tools built on top of Mapstraction allow users to easily integrate maps into their own sites, and configure them with different controls, styles, and provider.
Mapstraction additionally fills some holes each provider's current offerings (taking advantage of existing open source solutions where possible) to normalise the feature set across platforms. Mapstraction also uses OpenStreetMap for people who want to build maps without restrictions on derived works.
Mapstraction is open-source and released under the BSD License.
- Support for more than 11 major mapping providers
- Dynamic switching of provider
- Point, Line, Polygon support
- Marker Filtering by Time, Category, or any attribute
- Image overlay and base tiles
- GeoRSS and KML feed import
- Geocoding of addresses
- Driving directions
- Google Maps & Google Earth
- The Los Angeles Times
- ... and more
The Mapstraction homepage is available at http://mapstraction.com.