Contributing to the development of MapStruct
You love MapStruct but miss a certain feature? You found a bug and want to report it, or even better, fix it yourself? That's great! MapStruct is all open source and your help is highly appreciated.
- Source code: http://github.com/mapstruct/mapstruct
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/mapstruct/mapstruct/issues
- Discussions: Join the mapstruct-users Google group
- CI build: https://mapstruct.ci.cloudbees.com
MapStruct follows the Fork & Pull development approach. To get started just fork the MapStruct repository to your GitHub account and create a new topic branch for each change. Once you are done with your change, submit a pull request against the MapStruct repo.
When doing changes, keep the following best practices in mind:
- Provide test cases
- Update the reference documentation on mapstruct.org where required
- Discuss new features you'd like to implement at the Google group before getting started
- Create one pull request per feature
- Provide a meaningful history, e.g. squash intermediary commits before submitting a pull request
MapStruct is distributed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. By submitting a pull request you agree to license your work under that license and you affirm that your contribution doesn't violate any rights of other parties.