Mapzen Android SDK
The Mapzen Android SDK is a thin wrapper that packages up everything you need to use Mapzen services in your Android applications. It also simplifies setup, installation, API key management and generally makes your life better.
Everything you need to get going using the Mapzen SDK
Interacting with the map
- Position, rotation, and zoom
- Current location
- Switching styles
- Gesture responders
Search, routing, and location services
Greater than the sum of its parts
The Mapzen Android SDK incorporates several stand-alone libraries for map rendering, location tracking, routing, and search through the following projects:
- Tangram ES- 2D and 3D map renderer using OpenGL ES
- Pelias- Mapzen Search client side wrapper and Android UI components
- On the Road- Mapzen Turn-by-Turn wrapper and other navigation utilities
- Lost- Drop-in replacement for Google Play services Location APIs
For a working example please refer to the SDK sample app.