Maqetta provides WYSIWYG authoring of HTML5 user interfaces using drag/drop assembly. Maqetta supports both desktop and mobile user interfaces. The Maqetta application itself is authored in HTML5/Ajax, and therefore runs in the browser without requiring additional plugins or downloads.
- a WYSIWYG visual page editor for drawing out user interfaces
- drag/drop mobile UI authoring within an exact-dimension device silhouette, such as the silhouette of an iPhone
- simultaneous editing in either design or source views
- deep support for CSS styling (the applications includes a full CSS parser/modeler)
- a mechanism for organizing a UI prototype into a series of "application states" (aka "screens" or "panels") which allows a UI design to define interactivity without programming
- a web-based review and commenting feature where the author can submit a live UI mockup for review by his team members
- a "wireframing" feature that allows UI designers to create UI proposals that have a hand-drawn look
- a theme editor for customizing the visual styling of a collection of widgets
- export options that allow for smooth hand-off of the UI mockups into leading developer tools such as Eclipse
- Maqetta's code base has a toolkit-independent architecture that allows for plugging in arbitrary widget libraries and CSS themes
User Group: http://groups.google.com/group/maqetta-users
Dev Group: http://groups.google.com/group/maqetta-devs
IRC: #maqetta on irc.freenode.net
Reporting security issues: send email to email@example.com
Follow the instructions at https://github.com/maqetta/maqetta/wiki/Developer-Setup to run Maqetta from source.