At the moment branches are as follow:
- master: where we started implementing ECMAScript, following version 5.1 as stated above.
- development: a general ESNext implementation (ES2016, ES2017...) plus some features stage-x features not yet in the standard specification, e.g. decorators.
Probably they won't be never merged and the master will be replaced by the code from the development branch once completed.
Try it out
- clone the github project.
- install MPS version 2018.3.1 .
- open the project with MPS.
- rebuild the project.
Build the plugin
If for instance you have installed MPS in
$ ant -Dartifacts.mps=/opt/MPS/MPS-2018.3/ assemble
The last message of the build process will tell you where the zip file with the plugin is.
An EcmaScript4MPS plugin
To get a pre-prepared and packaged ecmaScript4mps language you can install the IDEA/MPS plugin in either IntelliJ IDEA or MPS and start using the language right-away.
ECMAScript4MPS is rather primitive with respect to its editing capabilities that are still "AST like" and not "text like". Also it's missing almost all "lexer like" rules.
Writing a developer's guide that could help other developers understanding MPS is also one of my goals.