Platypus.js is a client side development platform as well including HTML 5 browser and Java SE clients.
Platypus.js comprises both asynchronous IO model and reasonable use of multithreading with only few intensively used threads.
Platypus.js provides a developer with libraries needed to develop complete and ready for market applications.
In general, two programming languages are used while developing Platypus.js applications:
- Sql for accessing relational databases.
Applications creation, editing, deployment, debugging and maintenance all may be performed using the NetBeans IDE with Platypus.js plugins.
The Platypus.js plugins for NetBeans IDE include the following development tools:
- Database structure visual editor.
- Sql queries visual editor.
- ORM configuration visual editor.
- User interface forms visual editor.
The platform offers a set of features, making development process extremely productive:
- Sql queries with named parameters and Sql clauses re-use.
- Cross-platform Java SE as well as HTML5 browser UI, sharing the same code and the layout.
- The UI widgets which directly interact with the data model, allowing implementation of a CRUD (Create-Read-Update-Delete) user interface with visual configuration and without or just a little coding.
- Built-in security support, including users authentication and authorization, constraints of access to application resources.
The following commands will clone git repository and build Platypus.js from source
git clone https://github.com/marat-gainullin/platypus-js.git cd platypus-js gradlew build
The following command will run all tests for Platypus.js
There are some sample Platypus.js applications, showing how to build and run Platypus.js applications. They are in the following repositories: https://github.com/altsoft/UiDemo https://github.com/altsoft/pethotel https://github.com/altsoft/WebSocketDemo