.. toctree:: :hidden: quick-start faq tutorial pipeline parameter-reference command-reference history
Canu is a fork of the Celera Assembler designed for high-noise single-molecule sequencing (such as the PacBio RSII or Oxford Nanopore MinION).
Koren S, Walenz BP, Berlin K, Miller JR, Phillippy AM. Canu: scalable and accurate long-read assembly via adaptive k-mer weighting and repeat separation. Genome Research. (2017).
Alternatively, you can also build the latest unreleased from github:
git clone https://github.com/marbl/canu.git cd canu/src make -j <number of threads>
- :ref:`Quick Start <quickstart>` - no experience or data required, download and assemble Escherichia coli today!
- :ref:`FAQ <faq>` - Frequently asked questions
- :ref:`Canu tutorial <tutorial>` - a gentle introduction to the complexities of canu.
- :ref:`Canu pipeline <pipeline>` - what, exactly, is canu doing, anyway?
- :ref:`Canu Parameter Reference <parameter-reference>` - all the parameters, grouped by function.
- :ref:`Canu Command Reference <command-reference>` - all the commands that canu runs for you.
- :ref:`Canu History <history>` - the history of the Canu project.