MDWA - A MDD Approach for Ruby on Rails
MDWA is a model-driven approach, built by Marcelo Theodoro, to ease the process of develop web applications. MDD gem includes a set of code generation tools to automate repetitive task during Rails development, such as:
- Sandbox environment: Provides a clean environment with user authentication, namespace separation and more;
- CSS templating: YUI3 grid system and beautiful styling
- Multiple layouts
- Smart scaffold generator
How to start?
MDD is based on top of Rails 3.1, including asset pipeline feature. Add it to your Gemfile with:
Run the bundle command to install it.
After you install MDD and add it to your Gemfile, you need to run the generator:
rails generate mdwa:sandbox
This generator will setup the clean sandbox environment with:
- Multiple layouts;
- Assets ready to be customized;
- User based authentication with Devise (https://github.com/plataformatec/devise);
- Public pages - for simple website development.
Check the result:
- Public pages: http://localhost:3000
- Private area: http://localhost:3000/a
The private area requires user authentication. The generator will create a default user:
User: email@example.com Password: admin123