Jasper Google Calendar Module
Written By: Marc Poul Joseph Laventure
##Steps to install Google Calendar
- Install/run the following in your home directory
sudo pip install httplib2 sudo pip install --upgrade google-api-python-client sudo easy_install --upgrade python-gflags
- run the following commands in order:
git clone https://github.com/marclave/Jasper-Google-Calendar.git cp Jasper-Google-Calendar/Calendar.py <path to ..client/jasper.modules>
- Login to Google developer Console and complete the following
- The Client ID in Google needs to be for a native application.
Select a project. In the sidebar on the left, select APIs & auth. In the list of APIs, make sure the status is ON for the Google Calendar API. In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials. Get Client ID and Client Secret (Save for later)
Open Calendar.py and add Client ID and Client secret to appropriate variables
Kill Jasper the following will return all processes of jasper that are running:
ps ax | grep jasper
- Then run(Where is the PID of each process from the previous command):
sudo kill <pid>
- Restart Jasper from Terminal on the Pi (i.e. don't SSH in)
- This should then open a web browser asking you to accept the authentication request. Accept it.
- Once accepted, Jasper will start up as normal.
- Add the following to the __init.py file in the ~/jasper/client directory
from modules import Calendar
- Restart the Pi:
##Congrats, JASPER Google Calendar is now installed and ready for use; here are some examples:
YOU: Add Calendar event JASPER: What would you like to add? YOU: Movie with jodie Friday at 5 pm JASPER: Added event Movie with jodie on June 06 at 5:00 pm JASPER: Is this what you wanted? YOU: Yes JASPER: Okay, I added it to your calendar YOU: Do I have any Calendar events tomorrow JASPER: Dinner with jodie at 9:00 pm YOU: Do I have any Calendar Events Today JASPER: Dinner with jodie at 6:00 pm
##Contributions from the following awesome debuggers/developers :)