Create an amazing new website for your local hackerspace within minutes!
Take a look at the hackerspaces which already use this template!:)
- TAMI, Tel Aviv (Israel): https://telavivmakers.org/
- Noisebridge, San Francisco (USA): about to launch, needs to be deployed
- and maybe your hackerspace soon as well?:)
This website template has a lot of super useful features for your hackerspace! Don’t need all of them? Don’t worry, you can easily deactivate or customize them as well!
Want more? Learn how to contribute!
The most important key feature first - THIS WEBSITE HAS LEDs!!! *
I mean… do you really need anything else to convince your hackerspace community?
- "Currently open" indicator (automatically updated every minute)
- hackerspace short description
- upcoming events (automatically updated every minute)
- overview of what areas your hackerspace covers & quick links to search
- address, map & opening hours
- the one rule - be excellent to each other
- how to participate
- your hackerspace history
- auto import existing events from Meetup and your Wiki, via Cronjob
- allow community members to create new events directly via the website (which then get automatically posted to your Meetup group and Discourse as well)
- from Twitter, Instagram, your Wiki & Flickr
- including preview of the connected social media posts
- sort by "Latest", "Oldest" or "Random" - to explore more of your Hackerspace's history!
- always see the latest photos on the landingpage (automatically updated every minute)
- auto import projects from your Discourse group
- link to the project section of your Discourse group to allow people to create new projects
- list all your spaces & most important machines
- easy import of existing meeting notes from your Wiki
- automatically start a new meeting on Riseup Pad based on your meeting notes template
- presenter/note taker mode - to allow everyone to see what the current topic is (and how long the meeting is already going on)
- use #hashtags to tag keywords - which get extracted automatically when you finish a meeting
- auto import consensus items from your Discourse group
- link to the consensus items section of your Discourse group to allow people to create new projects
- donation infos accessible from every page
- links to donate money, hardware or organize or volunteer an event
- easily switch between languages
- more languages can be easily added via the translation files
Step 1: Clone this repo
git clone email@example.com:marcoEDU/HackerspaceTemplatePackage.git
Step 3: Via the main folder of this code - execute in your terminal:
pip install -r requirements.txt;python setup.py;python manage.py makemigrations;python manage.py migrate;python manage.py update_database
Step 5: Setup the cronjobs from cronjobs.txt - to keep the database updated
Step 6: To add your own logo: Add the following files to hackerspace/Website/static/images/:
favicon.ico favicon-32x32.png favicon-16x16.png apple-touch-icon.png
Step 8: Add your default background image as "header_banner.jpg" to hackerspace/Website/static/images/
Step 9: Test your website
Step 10: Deploy your website
=> How to add a new page:
Want to help improving the website template? Check out our To Do's Board.