SkillMe - Your guide to learn to code
How can I help / contribute?
Want to help? That's awesome! If you are experienced in software development or marketing - or you know someone who is - drop me a mail with some references / projects and how you want to help, to email@example.com. Happy to hear from you!
Found a bug? Please submit it as an issue - that would be incredibly helpful! https://github.com/marcoEDU/heySkill.me/issues
What is SkillMe?
What sources does SkillMe include?
- Amazon (books)
- Udacity (online courses & nanodegrees)
- Udemy (online courses)
- Meetup (for meetups & groups)
- Apple App Store (iOS apps)
- Stackshare (programming languages, frameworks & other technologies)
- ... many more are coming
What does the code include?
- database updater
- getting the latest metadata (name, description, picture, price, etc.) from my Parsehub scrapers (using the Parsehub API) & APIs
- update local JSON files if results (online courses, books, etc.) changed
- extract from result fields (name, description, etc.) related programming languages, frameworks + other technologies and topics -> to make content & topics better explorable and give better recommendations to users
- push data to database via Algolia API
- marketing scripts (to automatically send posts I created in Airtable -> makes marketing easier and more efficient)
What comes next?
Take a look on https://github.com/marcoEDU/heySkill.me/projects
Me, marcoEDU (UX/UI designer who recently started learning to code, while building up SkillMe to help other people learn to code as well), supported by some amazing friends and fellow hackers @Noisebridge in San Francisco & @AFRA & @Motionlab in Berlin.