Ruby wrapper for the foursquare v2 API.
sudo gem install foursquare2
A Note on Authentication
Currently this gem does not handle the oauth2 authentication flow for you, use the oauth2 gem to retrieve and store oauth tokens for a user. Obtain your client key/secret for userless access at the foursquare developer site.
Instantiate a client (Userless Access)
client = Foursquare2::Client.new(:client_id => 'your_client_id', :client_secret => 'your_secret')
Instantiate a client (Authenticated User Access)
client = Foursquare2::Client.new(:oauth_token => 'user_oauth_token')
See the documentation for a list of all supported methods and available options.
Get information about a user (use 'self' for the authenticated user)
Get information about a venue
Search for venues
client.search_venues(:ll => '36.142064,-86.816086', :query => 'Starbucks')
Check-in to a venue as the authenticated user
client.checkin(:venueId => "4b2afcaaf964a5205bb324e3", :broadcast => 'public', :ll => '36.142064,-86.816086', :shout => 'zomg coffee!1!')
Search user by tip
client.search_users_by_tip(:ll => '36.142064,-86.816086', :name => 'Marco')
Search tips from a user (optionally filter a user's tips based on some term)
client.user_tips("123456", :query => 'coffee')
Search venues by tip
client.search_venues_by_tip(:ll => '36.142064,-86.816086', :query => 'coffee')
Search tips at a venue (optionally filter a venue's tips based on some term)
client.venue_tips("4b2afcaaf964a5205bb324e3", :query => 'coffee')
Full list of methods
client.checkin client.recent_checkins client.add_checkin client.add_checkin_comment client.delete_checkin_comment client.photo client.settings client.setting client.update_setting client.special client.search_specials client.tip client.search_tips client.add_tip client.mark_tip_todo client.mark_tip_done client.unmark_tip client.user client.search_users client.user_requests client.user_badges client.user_checkins client.user_friends client.user_tips client.user_todos client.user_venue_history client.user_friend_request client.user_unfriend client.user_approve_friend client.user_deny_friend client.user_set_friend_pings client.venue client.venue_tips client.search_venues client.search_venues_by_tip client.venue_categories client.add_venue client.mark_venue_todo client.flag_venue client.propose_venue_edit
- More test coverage
- Integrate oauth2 authentication flow
Contributing to foursquare2
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 Matt Mueller. See LICENSE.txt for further details.