Fetching latest commit…
Cannot retrieve the latest commit at this time.
Prepare the infrastructure
- Create the runbook in your Automation account
Prepare AA DSC Assets
- Set up both an Azure Automation account and OMS workspace.
- Set up an Azure Automation Hybrid Runbook Worker in your lab/on-prem environment.
- Install Azure PowerShell 3.0 on the hybrid worker (use WPI here).
using the webhook
- Create the following AA credential assets which support the runbook
- On-prem credential object
- Create an Azure Service Principal account following this guide, define the account as an AA credential.
- Create the following AA variable assets which support the runbook
- Azure Automation resource group name: ARM RG which contains your AA account
- Azure Automation account name: name of the AA account where the node will be on-boarded
- Azure Subscription ID: no explanation required, right?
- Azure Tenant ID
- Import the ConnectTo-AADSCPullServer-Webhook.ps1 Runbook
- Create a webhook for your runbook, and edit the parameter options to specify your Hybrid Runbook Worker Group as the target
- Run "script.ps1" from an elevated PS session passing the corresponding values for computer names, safe mode, etc.
- Requirements: The servers being registered must be joined to the same domain as the hyrbid worker, and allow PS remoting. A good test it to manually run an Invoke-Command from the hybrid worker targeting the new server with the "-ComputerName" parameter.
- In the portal, verify the runbook completes successfully with no errors
- You should see the new servers appear in the "DSC Nodes" blade.