The typo-free code editor
What is it?
How do I run it?
In your browser, open the index.html file, in the ace folder
I know. Please don't read the source though, just marvel at what it does. We literally wrote this overnight at #JSConf.
Also, the Ace code editor is amazing. Thank you guys.
Are there features?
- Type the character 'ƒ' to make a pause point. On a Mac, that's alt+f. On a PC I think you have to call tech support each time to get an authorization code. Their number is (800) 692-7753.
- During your demo, type the 'ƒ' character again to get past the pause point. The character will not show up in playback mode.
- You can use undo+redo to fix errors you make while drafting your demo code. Just remember that once you redo, you lose all your future history. That made sense when I started typing it, but now it sounds silly.
Backspace does an undo for the previous keypress
- Language detection/selection so that ACE properly indents & formats whatever you're pasting in
- Hosted demo
- Ability to save demos (pastebin.com style)
- No ACE monkeypatching
- Different speed settings? (type 3 + characters at a time)