This is the first stable release supporting the new firmware 2.x.
Most significant evolutions:
- Support for firmware 2.x, where the device appears as a mounted partition.
- Automatic retrieval of official metadata.
- UI improvements, especially regarding pack conversion.
- Fixed and optimized MP3 encoding (corrupted frames, removal of ID3 tags)
- Added checks on image dimensions and unsupported graph constructions
- Added toast on UI to make pack conversion more visible
- Prevent concurrent transfers from/to the device
Improved firmware v2 support:
- Conversion of images to 16-colors bitmaps uses proper quantization algorithm
- Audio files are converted on-the-fly to MP3
- MP3 files that are not 44100Hz / Mono are re-encoded on-the-fly
- Binary packs (firmware v1) can be converted on-the-fly to FS folder packs (firmware v2)
- Some other improvements / fixes
- Fixes pack upload to device on Windows (pack was not added to the index)
- When converting an archive pack / uploading to the device, a blank audio is added on all stage nodes with no audio (as it seems to be required by the device)
First alpha version supporting the new firmware 2.x with limitations.
New step is required before starting the application:
- For firmware 2.x only: configure the mount point of your device in the launch script using
For instance on linux:
And on Windows:
Biggest limitations as of now are the following:
- No on-the-fly conversion of audio files, so you must provide 44100Hz/Mono MP3 files. The device may expect a particular format or bitrate.
- On-the-fly conversion of images is crap, so it's better to provide 4-bits depth / RLE encoding BMP files.
- Metadata are not kept when transferring an archive pack to the device and back.
- No on-the-fly conversion from binary story packs, for the reasons listed above.
- Mount point of the device must be configured.
- ... and this list is not exhaustive, there are probably many stability issues as well.
This is the first release based on the rewritten usb driver. Compared to previous 0.1.17 release, it brings these features:
- Rewritten usb driver (no need to copy official libraries anymore)
- Automatically open browser when the app starts (unless instructed otherwise with a system property)
- Upgrade to vertx 3.9.0 and disable netty DNS resolver, which should remove some warnings
- Thanks to a bugfix on the official Luniistore application, there is no need to "pad" small story packs to a minimum of 50MB anymore. No more wasted space because of small story packs :-)
Includes the latest developments from master:
- Support new file format for official metadata database
- Support metadata in "enriched" binary format (to avoid loosing too much data when transferring back from device)