Journaling application made with Gulp and jQuery. This is a practice project at Epicodus code school.
- Create a journaling website where a user can write entries including at least a title and body.
- Create Entry objects that include a method to return the number of words in the entry.
- Then, add a separate method (or methods) to return the number of vowels and consonants in each entry.
- Call each of these methods from your front-end file to display their return values.
- Finally, add a method to return the first sentence of the entry (if the sentence is over 8 words, only display a teaser sentence made of the first 8 words).
- Call all methods from your front-end file to display the results as well, whenever a new journal entry is created.
Some specs I added to make the project better:
- Add a feature to display the full post when the user clicks on the teaser sentence.
To demonstrate different tasks you can accomplish with Gulp:
To understand the difference between the development environment and the production environment.
To understand the advantages of using Gulp in large sites, by working on a smaller-scale, simpler application.