I hacked a toy robot to control it with my brain:
- If I concentrate the robot goes forward.
- If I meditate, the robot turns left.
Here's a little video :-)
The EEG headset I am using to analyze my brainwaves is the Neurosky Mindwave Mobile.
The remote of the toy robot is hacked and connected to an Arduino microcontroller.
To control the robot I used these 2 simple principles:
- Meditation produces alpha waves (frequency range: 7.5-12.5 Hz)
- Attention produces beta waves (frequency range: 12.5-30 Hz)
So by isolating these 2 frequencies in my brainwaves, I can trigger the right signals to control the robot.
Here is the chain of events:
- The EEG headset records my brainwaves.
- The brainwaves are analyzed on my computer to isolate the right frequencies.
- The computer is connected to an Arduino microcontroller. The Arduino gets a specific input for each frequency detected.
- The Arduino is connected to the robot remote (hacked)