DBD::Firebird version 1.21
DBI driver for the Firebird RDBMS server.
- Copyright © 2015 Stefan Roas
- Copyright © 2014 H.Merijn Brand - Tux
- Copyright © 2010-2015 Popa Adrian Marius
- Copyright © 2011-2013 Stefan Suciu
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Damyan Ivanov
- Copyright © 2011 Alexandr Ciornii
- Copyright © 2010-2014 Mike Pomraning
- Copyright © 1999-2005 Edwin Pratomo
- Portions Copyright © 2001-2005 Daniel Ritz
You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. (http://dev.perl.org/licenses/artistic.html)
- Perl (Threaded and version 5.8.1 or higher)
- Perl DBI (1.41 or higher)
- Firebird (2.5.1 or higher)
- A C compiler
UN*X GCC 4.x (tested, older may or may not work) or other capable clang
- Threaded Perl is required (You have to re-install Perl from ports and you have to select the config option that says 'build a Perl with threads')
BEFORE BUILDING, TESTING AND INSTALLING this you will need to:
Build, test and install Perl 5 (at least 5.8.1).
Build, test and install the DBI module (at least DBI 1.41).
On Debian/Ubuntu you can do a simple: sudo apt-get install firebird2.5-dev libdbi-perl
Remember to read the DBI README file if you installed it from source
Make sure that Firebird server is running (for testing telnet localhost 3050)
BUILDING: Win32/Win64 with Strawberry type 'dmake' from the console
Win32/Win64 with MS compiler: type 'nmake', not just 'make'
To Configure and build the DBD: perl Makefile.PL make
TESTING To run tests module Test::Exception is required on Debian/Ubuntu systems: sudo apt-get install libtest-exception-perl
Please, set at least DBI_PASS (or ISC_PASSWORD), before 'make test'. The default for DBI_USER is 'SYSDBA'.(masterkey password is given here as example only) ISC_PASSWORD=masterkey make test
INSTALLING: make install