Sage to IATI Publisher
Converts transactional information exported from Sage accounting software into IATI-XML format.
- Sage 50 Accounts Plus 2011 (version 18.104.22.168)
How does it work?
- Set up your activities (i.e. projects) in the user interface or in the setup file (see below)
- Upload a spreadsheet of transactional data exported from Sage (instructions for specific data you need to export are in the user interface)
- The "Department" field in your Sage data is used to map to the activity code that you set in the user interface
- You can also specify accounts to aggregate (e.g. salaries) and strings that should be redacted from your transaction descriptions (e.g. people's names or initials)
- You can then preview and generate IATI-XML data
- When you're ready, you can then publish your IATI-XML data so that you can register it with the IATI Registry.
Published files (where you click the blue
Publish button next to a file and it turns green) are available at
activity.xml. At the moment, you can only have one of each type of file published.
For example, if you're looking at the Dashboard at: http://sage2iati.publishwhatyoufund.org/publish-what-you-fund/
Then the activity file will be available at: http://sage2iati.publishwhatyoufund.org/publish-what-you-fund/activity.xml
If you get a
404 - File Not Found error, make sure you've published a file.
Once you've uploaded a file, you can see how the transactions have been attached to your activities, and can see how the transactions have been aggregated (if relevant) or if the transaction descriptions have been partially redacted (if you specified strings to redact in your organisation settings).
Edit organisation data
By clicking on "Edit organisation data" from the top menu bar, you can edit:
- basic information (e.g. organisation code, organisation currency)
- annual budgets for the organisation
- documents (e.g. annual report, audit)
- funding organisations (which will appear alongside each of your activities)
- privacy settings (accounts to aggregate and strings to redact, e.g. personally-identifiable information from your transaction descriptions)
License: AGPL v3.0
Copyright (C) 2015 Mark Brough, Publish What You Fund
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
This software is not in any way endorsed by or related to Sage.
Set up a virtualenv:
Activate the virtualenv:
Install the requirements:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Copy and edit the config.py.tmpl:
cp config.py.tmpl config.py
You can also copy end edit the setup.py.tmpl to get going quickly (this will be replaced with a more sensible setup mechanism in future):
cp sageiaticreator/setup.py.tmpl setup.py
Run the server:
python manage.py runserver