To do a technical proof of concept of a tethered learning experience. Keep students connected to the learning experience through simple, mostly low-effort reminders as push notifications to a mobile phone.
Ideally, you would do a better job of the content here, but this is a prototype of the technical platform.
Caveat: this is oh-so-hacky
- LMS changes in https://github.com/edx/edx-platform/tree/feature/cdodge/hackathon3
- continued developing adhoc courseware API by extending it to handle push notification tokens, tokenized authentication
- capa change to link a problem to two (correct/incorrect) tethered units (urls) that would then be accessed by a mobile client
- first pass at a chrome-less mobile view – still super heavy and not really mobile, just chrome-less
- Mobile implementation in Android
- uses google cloud messaging http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/index.html via Urban Airship
- provides API-based login, stashing of authentication token, and push notification receiver to show the tethered web-specific view of the tethered response