Hudson Global Dashboard
For tracking to builds on multiple machines running Hudson.
The Hudson Global Dashboard is an idea that stems from the Panic Board ( http://www.panic.com/blog/2010/03/the-panic-status-board/ ). We had a scenario where we had multiple machines running Hudson, and for knowing at-a-glance the status of a build we relied either on build lights (USB lights, changing red to green depending on build) or CCMenu.
Problem with this
- CCMenu cannot be easily seen by people walking by
- Build lights can only be one per machine, however we are running multiple builds on a single machine.
- Check the code out.
- Change the IP addresses in the hudson_global_dashboard.rb file.
- Run the app via 'ruby hudson_global_dashboard.rb'
- It runs on 'http://localhost:4567'
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:markcipolla/Hudson-Global-Dashboard.git bundle install padrino rake seed padrino start
The "padrino rake seed" lets you set up the first admin account, so you can login. Point your browser to http://localhost:3000/admin so you can login. After adding at least one build, head to http://localhost:3000