This repository contains a ROS device driver for the BOSCH IndraDrive CS, an industrial motor controller made by Bosch Rexroth.
This package uses the odva_ethernetip library (available here) to communicate with the controller over EtherNet/IP.
Configuring the drive
The following configuration was saved to the controller. This package assumes you are also using these settings. You may need to adjust relevant values in this package if your drive configuration is different.
- Connect to the controller using IndraWorks DS
2. Ensure EtherNet/IP has been enabled on the drive as the active communication protocol.
3. Configure the IP address, and assembly connection points (both AT and MDT).
4. Load the default IO messages into the drive. If your settings differ here, you will need to adjust include/bosch_indra_driver/measurement_report.h and include/bosch_indra_driver/measurement_report_config.h to match.
5. Ensure the appropriate drive configuration has been set for this application (Servo control).
6. Commission the motor for use with the drive if you haven't already. Ensure that you can jog the motor manually using IndraWorks DS before trying to control the motor using this package. Doing so will help eliminate failures due to drive misconfiguration.