'octave-mark-block changed slightly in emacs24. To counter-act this we check which version we're in, and tweak behaviour as appropriate. This consists of: * we use 'up-list in the recent version not 'octave-up-block * ditto for 'mark-defun and 'octave-mark-defun * if 'octave-mark-block fails in the recent version, adjust the start position and try again (!)
Modified solution is easy: add octave-mark-block as one function, then add another that assumes a block has already been marked, goes up another block, and marks that one (which has the same effect as octave-mark-block if called when it's not a block that's marked)
A few issues: off-by-one errors, and one where the should-be text was completely wrong.
…h pass, I now realise)
Replace "org-mode" with "org" in eval-after-load.
There is no org-mode.el package, at least in current org-mode repository, so org-mode-expansions was not loaded automatically.
Reverting "Fix previous botched commit for PR." Reverting "make Ruby expansion works with blocks generically"
fix previously botched defn of er/ruby-backward-up
- The function definition of er/ruby-backward-up was borked.
make ruby expansions generic
Expansions for multiple python modes
- selecting a sexp from behind on a multiline statement
- Includes a naive heuristic to select the preferred python-mode automatically.
- Adding py-mark-def and py-mark-clause to python-mode expansions - Removing er/mark-inside-quotes and er/mark-outside-quotes - Incorporating marking inside and outside of a Python string separately (cf. magnars#29)
- er/mark-inside-python-string - er/mark-outside-python-string