Asset Compress is a CakePHP plugin that provides a simple asset pipeline, and asset builder for server rendered HTML based applications. This plugin is not a good fit for single-page applications as you those use-cases require more complex configuration and build tool libraries.
Asset Compress is a great fit for applications that generate HTML, and need a bit of interactive components. Asset Compress is also great for building CSS with a pre-processor. Both Saas, LESS and vanilla CSS are well supported.
- Development mode builder that rebuilds assets on each request.
- Command line build tool to compile static assets for deployment.
- Built-in support for LESS, Sass.
- Powerful and flexible filter system allowing you to add your own minifiers/pre-processors.
- Simple configuration file.
- Incremental builds that don't recompile assets when they don't need to be.
Add this plugin to your application with composer:
php composer.phar require markstory/asset_compress
Then make sure you load the plugin:
// in src/Application.php // in the bootstrap() method add $this->addPlugin('AssetCompress');
config/asset_compress.sample.ini from the plugin to your app's
config/asset_compress.ini. From there read the wiki
for more information.
Documentation for AssetCompress is available on the GitHub wiki pages
Please report any issues you have with the plugin to the issue tracker on GitHub.
Asset Compress is offered under an MIT license.
See the GitHub contributors list
See CHANGELOG for changes only available on
GitHub releases for changelogs on previous releases.