A small application to use computer speech to text to show translation online and live. This makes sense for scenarios such as hearing impaired or recording something to be more machine readable.
NOTE: This requires the Chrome browser for the speaker. It uses a built in feature in Chrome for text to speech.
- Chrome browser
git clone https://github.com/marktnoonan/transcription.git npm install --global parcel parcel index.html point your Chrome browser to localhost:1234
This should get you up and running. Please report failures/problems with the build process.
- Make decent landing page..... check in with @Nerajno... Twitter
- Write a complete of things to do ===> Mark
- Make font-size user-selectable
- Add Code for Atlanta logo
- Add People Making Progress acknowledgement
- Make header retractable
- ADD MORE TODOS
- Add options for displaying with line breaks on pauses or in more condensed formats
- Make text color and background color editable
- In fact, let's define a settings panel that will grab all these things together
- Let's discuss usefulness of a SPA framework to handle all this (likely Vue)
- Let's add user accounts via firebase to store preferred settings as a user
Triggered manually from the master branch Netlify we are ready to publish.