Pokedex: An Index of all Pokemon!
Utilizing the Poke API, this app plays the Pokemon song, shows every pokemon in an index, allows users to search the Pokedex for a specific Pokemon, and shows a details view with a Pokemon's vital stats.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for fun purposes.
- XCode 8+
- CocoaPods info if you're new
- Create your local project
- clone or download the project
- In the terminal, go to your project
- $ cd < your pokedex project >
- Run pod install in the terminal to download the necessary pod, Alamofire:
- $ pod install
- Open the CocoaPod version of your project from your finder. It will have the '.xcworkspace' suffix and a white version of the XCode icon.
- < your pokedex project >.xcworkspace
- Run the project in XCode and view in the simulator or on your device!
Why was this a good learning experience?
I worked with Alamofire for the first time to do API GET requests. I also learned how to parse a CSV file as well. This was good practice with conditionals and closures, as not all Pokemon evolve!