Contributing to Mars
Reporting bugs and asking questions
We use GitHub issues for bug reports and feature requests. Issues should be written in English to help coders all over the world understand your idea. For discussions about development, questions about usage, or any general questions, we use our mailing list email@example.com.
To contribute a patch:
- It is recommended to submit an issue before working on a non-trivial patch.
- Break your work into small, single-purpose patches if possible. It's much harder to merge in a large change with a lot of disjoint features.
- Submit the patch as a GitHub pull request against the master branch. Write your comments in English so developers all over the world can understand your idea.
- Make sure that your code passes the tests.
- Add new unit tests for your code and try to cover all crucial branches of your code.
- If your patch changes the way people use Mars, you need to update docs to reflect these changes.