Creates git like diff stat over a whole svn repository. Only one author and a certain set of files are considered. In addition a chart similar to Code Frequency is created.
This is very raw and not polished software. These are the steps that you need to do to run the software
- build the software with
mvn clean package
- check out the part of the subversion repository you're interested in
- run the software in the folder of the working copy you just checked out
Command Line Options
The following command line options are supported:
- -author -a
- Required. The authors that should be analyzed.
- -file -f
- Required. The file where to save the generated chart. Will always be a PNG.
- -extension -e
- Optional. The file extensions that should be analyzed.
- -width -w
- Optional. The width of the chart in pixels. Defaults to
- -height -h
- Optional. The height of the chart in pixels. Defaults to
- -double -d -retina -r
- Optional. Render in double the resolution, useful for retina Macs. Defaults to
- -max -m
- Optional. Commits with more than this number of lines changed will be ignored. Defaults to
- -protocol -p
- Optional. Only initialize support for the given protocol. Options:
java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar svn-diffstat/target/svn-diffstat-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar -d -a marschall -e java -f /Users/marschall/tmp/diffstat.png
This is a sample chart generated from an actual code base.
I'm getting NonWritableChannelException on file:// checkouts
Exception in thread "main" java.nio.channels.NonWritableChannelException at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChannelImpl.java:1014)
Just try again, somebody committed during the analysis.
Does it scale?
I ran it on a subversion repository with about 240k revisions and it takes about 20 minutes.
Is it any good?
What's the latest SVN version it supports?
What Java version does it require?
Why does my local build not find svnkit?
You need this in your settings. xml
<profile> <id>tmatesoft</id> <activation> <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault> </activation> <repositories> <repository> <id>tmatesoft-releases</id> <url>http://maven.tmatesoft.com/content/repositories/releases/</url> </repository> </repositories> </profile>
This project wouldn't have been possible without the work of others:
- SVNKit, a Java Subversion implementation, used to extract all the information from Subversion, TMate open source license
- JFreeChart, a Java chart library, used to build the code frequency char, GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- Joda-Time, a Java date and time library, use for date calculations, Apache 2.0 License
- JCommander, a Java library to parse command line parameters, Apache 2.0 License
Last but not least I'd like to thank Netcetera for sponsoring the work on this. This was literally a one-weekend-hack as you can see from the commit logs.