What the heck is this?
Doing this may break website you visit, so use at your own risk! I am not responsible for any broken websites or transactions that may occur should you use this technique.
- Pow web server (http://pow.cx/). Any other web server will probably do as well.
- GlimmerBlocker (http://glimmerblocker.org/). You can also choose your own contect modifying proxy server
- Local copy of the files hosted on google's CDN (this script)
Create a directory somewhere on your computer
Pull the source
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:marshallmick007/GoogleApi-Proxy.git
Run the bash script to pull down the supported scripts
Link the directory to Pow
cd ~/.pow ln -s ~/path/to/my/directory/googleapis googleapis
Google Api's are now available at http://googleapis.dev
Configure GlimmerBlocker. Import the included filter, subscribe to the one hosted here: http://mickelson.org/files/filter.xml, or manually create the filter.
How it works
The GlimmerBlocker filter modifies any request to ajax.googleapis.com and attempts to retrieve the requested file from http://googleapis.dev. GlimmerBlocker then send the contents of the file back to your browser as if it has come from the real ajax.googleapis.com
- Fix my crappy bash scripting
- Figure out how to get HTTPS to work
- Complete implementation of all googleapis