Firmament Game Engine
Copyright (C) 2012 Jordan CM Wambaugh
Firmament is an open-source, 2 dimensional game engine developed for the easy creation of video games. It is currently under heavy development, so its feature list is constantly expanding. Its main features are:
- Robust 2D physics engine for realistic 2-dimensional simulations. Make physics-based games like ‘Angry Birds’ with ease!
- Easy game creation using full-featured API.
- Haxe NME based - runs on virtually any platform - Flash, PC, Mac, iOS, android, HTM5, and more
- Open source - Firmament is licensed under the GPL version 3. Download the engine and use it in your open source project for free.
- To get started with Firmament, download it, and start playing today!
Firmament is currently in a Pre-Alpha state. It may not yet completely stable, and its features and APIs are subject to refactoring
For more information, please check out the website at www.FirmamentEngine.com
Please see the Download Page on our website for information on obtaining and installing Firmament.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 3 of the License.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Commercial licensing options may be available. Please contact Jordan Wambbugh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This software uses and includes a port Erin Catto's excellent Box2D physics engine. Some small changes have been made for compilation or performance reasons from his original work. For more information on Box2d, or to download the original work, please see the website.