Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
2.0.0 of SQL LocalDB Wrapper is a major rewrite of version
1.x.x which is now .NET Core compatible as it now targets
netstandard2.0. It is available on NuGet as
This version is a breaking change, with the name of the package, its namespaces, and many of its types, renamed and refactored. The main motivation for this is to move the types and package out of
System.Data and make it explicit that the package is not an official Microsoft package, which
The design for version
2.0.0 is intended to make the library more friendly for extensibility as well as dependency injection, particularly for scenarios such as .NET Core applications. A number of static types have been removed and various methods that used to be interface methods are now extension methods.
First-class support for Entity Framework-related concepts (such as parsing) entity connection strings has been removed to mainly give focus to just functionality of the SQL Server LocalDB Instance API itself.
To migrate a project from using a
1.x.x version follow the migration guide: Migrating to MartinCostello.SqlLocalDb from System.Data.SqlLocalDb
- The NuGet package name is now
- Types are now in the
- Core classes and interfaces are now:
- Various methods on previous classes and interfaces are now extension methods.
- Configuration is now via the
SqlLocalDbOptionsclass for use with the
- Uses .NET Standard logging abstractions for logging rather than
- Now compiled using the .NET Core SDK.
- Tests now use xunit instead of MSTest.
- Added new
bool InstanceExists(string)method to
- Add support for registration with the built-in ASP.NET Core service container.
- Added new sample Todo list ASP.NET Core web application that uses SQL Server LocalDB.
- Continuous integration using Travis CI for Linux and macOS.
- Continuous integration using Azure Pipelines for Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Improved behaviour when testing for the existence of LocalDB instances.
- The SQL Server LocalDB Instance API can now be unloaded from the process.
- Logging now uses structured logging and specific event IDs.
- Several types now override
ToString()to return object names.
- Improved behaviour if used in an application on Linux or macOS.
- Simplified build infrastructure using the .NET Core SDK.
- Use various new C# 7.2 language features to simplify the code.
- Added assets for working on the project in Visual Studio Code.
- Removed the following types:
- Configuration no longer via
- Removed old "Blog" sample application.
- Removed Coverity scan integration.