SharpSteer is a C# port of OpenSteer. Like OpenSteer, the aim of SharpSteer is to help construct steering behaviors for autonomous characters in games and animation.
Like OpenSteer, SharpSteer provides a XNA-based application which demonstrates predefined steering behaviors. The user can quickly prototype, visualize, annotate and debug new steering behaviors by writing a plug-in for this Demo application.
This fork of SharpSteer includes:
- Proper use of C# features such as extension methods to make the library easier to use.
- Changes to improve code quality/neatness.
- Total separation of the demo and the library applications.
- Some behaviours mentioned in the original paper but never implemented in OpenSteer.
- Good intentions to have 100% unit test coverage (lots of work needed here).
- Modified to completely remove XNA dependency from the library
The original steering behaviours are documented here