While there are many Redirect / Rewrite modules available in the Sitecore Marketplace, I created this one to address the fact that most of them cannot create redirects that are Site specific.
In addition to adding Site specific redirect capabilities, I have modeled the data structure to closely match the functionality of Microsoft's IIS Url Rewrite plugin.
Improvements by Martin English http://sitecoreart.martinrayenglish.com/2016/12/implementing-3000-redirects-in-sitecore.html
- Allowed handling of bucketed items and special extensions via UrlRewriteHandler.
Example PDF handling in web.config:
- Allowed handling of host redirects. Example: test.mysite.com/nicepath => test.mytarget.com/newnewpath
Version 1.8.2 - https://github.com/iamandycohen/UrlRewrite/releases/tag/v1.8.2
- Added support for Sitecore 8.2
Varsion 184.108.40.206 - https://github.com/iamandycohen/UrlRewrite/releases/tag/v220.127.116.11
- Added support for Sitecore 8.1 Update 2 & Update 3
- Fixed sort order thanks to Dan Sinclair
- Fixed RulesEngine.GetRedirectFolderItems so that it only returns Redirect Folder templates
- Added reporting via analytics
- added Url Rewrite to Experience Analytics Dashboard
- Added prefetching of UrlRewriter item
- Moved all templates from User Defined folder to System Modules
- Removed unused references
- Fixed logic for allowing multiple rules to be processed during a request when a Redirect field "Stop Processing of Subsequent Rules" is set to false
- Package now installs to master and web
Version 1.7.2 - https://github.com/iamandycohen/UrlRewrite/releases/tag/v1.7.2
- Fixed potential for a redirect loop if you have a database problem, you are using the html extension on the handler, and you have a custom error page that is pointing to an html page
- Changed initialization of rules into an initialization pipeline
- Removed reporting
- Changed error handling of 404's on a static file redirect
- Fixed rebuilding of cache on save, publish or delete - no longer need to restart IIS to refresh the rules.
- Added missing update to Default.aspx for UrlRewrite tester
Version 1.7.1 - https://github.com/iamandycohen/UrlRewrite/releases/tag/v1.7.1
- Fixed missing reporting item in the web database that prevented publishing from working after installing the module.
- Added outbound rules
- Added ability to set response headers
- Added inbound rule rewrite action
- General cleanup
- Added Sample Rewrites
- Added hit count tracking
- Added information about conditions to the Url Rewrite application in the Sitecore Admin UI
- Fixed UrlRewriteHandler displaying blank page if the StaticMapHandler didn't find the file. Allowed exceptions to be bubbled up.
- Added a new type of rediret action - Item Query Redirect which allows you to use a Sitecore Query to find an item. Ability to utilize back references from conditions.
- Added support for Custom Response
- Added support for Abort
- Added Bootstrap UI for testing the redirects and visually seeing how the rules are processed.
- Fixed UrlRewriteHandler so that it calls the StaticFileHandler if it no rules are matched.
- Added drop down list so you can select your site instead of having to type a regular expression to match the site on. NOTE *** All Redirect Folder's are currently reset so you have to reset the Site Name Restriction field.
- Added the ability to have sub folders in a top level Redirect Folder
- removed the top level Redirect Folder from the package so that rules don't get overwritten when you reinstall the package
- Updated how back references work for Rules and Conditions
- Fixed security on Redirect Workflow
- Major refactor to support instantiation of the UrlRewriter without needing HttpContext or a web site.
- Supports Unit Tests.
- Initial Release