The only Mongrel2 Rack handler you'll ever need.
I wrote this because I wanted to learn Mongrel2, and I didn't like what was out there. I copy-pasted a lot of code from Colin Curtin's m2r project (http://github.com/perplexes/m2r), but I also changed and reorganized it into what I believe is a good setup for a proper rubygem.
How to use
- Get mongrel2 installed (http://mongrel2.org/wiki?name=GettingStarted)
- Get your config for mongrel2 setup (see example directory)
Add it to your Gemfile
gem 'rack-mongrel2', '~> 0.2.0', :require => nil
You also need some sort of JSON parsing library installed, like Yajl or JSON (gem i yajl-ruby or gem i json). json-jruby will work too
- Run Mongrel2
Run your rails application
RACK_MONGREL2_UUID= rails s Mongrel2
Check out the blog post too: http://blog.darkhax.com/2010/10/26/deploying-your-ruby-app-with-mongrel2
- Kevin Williams for PULL, specs, and other things.
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 Daniel Huckstep. See LICENSE for details.