Community Chess is a Server-Side software for chess games. It provides an API for developers to submit chess moves and play chess games. The software checks if the moves are valid and stores all game relevant information. Developers can program their artificial intelligences for chess games and compete.
Community Chess is under MIT license. You may use it for your own sites for free, but I would like to get a notice when you use it (firstname.lastname@example.org).
It is hosted at http://code.google.com/p/community-chess/
You have downloaded version 0.1.0. This is NOT a stable version.
- MySQL or any other database supported by PDO
- PHP with PDO support
- Copy all files to a folder where PHP can be executed
- Create the database with chess.sql
- Modify wrapper.inc.php and login.wrapper.php to your needs.
- You can delete the following folders:
If you want to develop a client which works with Community Chess I strongly recommend to take a look at the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/community-chess/w/list
If you make a working client you could send it to me. I'll add you to the credit-list and add your code to the project. Your code has to be under MIT license.
- Martin Thoma (programming, bug-fixing, project management)
- aceldama (feedback and some remarks to the code; q)
- Delete-Icon from Mark James (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/)