- Update Mac installer binaries to fix hang on MBP 2016 (installer#2)
- Fix invalid URL in Linux installer (#73)
- Disable sshd by default on Maru Desktop (#76)
- Lock root account on Maru Desktop (blueprints@89195ff)
- Use secure Maru APT repository for Maru Desktop (blueprints#8)
- Add official builds for the Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo) (manifest@532f73a, see Nexus 7 thread for porting details)
- Support full-disk encryption (#17)
- Merge AOSP updates for Marshmallow, including security patches through February 1, 2017 (manifest#3, manifest#4, manifest#7, manifest#10). Note that hammerhead's security support period has ended on October 2016, so hammerhead will no longer be receiving kernel patches or blob updates as decribed in our patch policy.
- Upgrade LXC from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 (platform_external_lxc#2)
- Add a device check to installers to prevent accidentally flashing the wrong image for a device (installer@2856264, installer@d7f4ec0)
- Fix Browser crash when downloading a file (#52)
- Fix root account networking permissions (#60)
- Fix race condition on first boot that occasionally prevented Maru Desktop from starting until a reboot or factory reset (vendor_maruos@f07b712)
- New non-system users created in Maru Desktop are automatically added to the correct groups for networking access and
- Container configuration is now consolidated in a single file
- TMartinPPC: Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo) support
- NoelMacwan: AOSP updates for Marshmallow, including android-6.0.1_r72, android-6.0.1_r77, and android-6.0.1_r78
- Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi (flo) builds updated to use minimal Maru Desktop image to free up space on system partition (#66)
- Upgrade from Lollipop (5.1.1_r14) to Marshmallow (6.0.1_r17)
- Enable starting Maru Desktop in the background (no HDMI display needed)
- Add option to improve resolution matching support for non-1080p displays under Settings > Desktop > Tweaks
- Fix desktop screen occasionally showing up on phone display
- Fix DPI issues that sometimes render fonts weirdly
- Enable SSH services in Maru Desktop by default
- Use Firefox ESR as the default browser in Maru Desktop
- Set the root account password to 'root' in Maru Desktop
When upgrading Maru OS without a factory reset (see Upgrading: Option 2), please be aware of the following.
New sdcard access permissions
A new group must be added in Maru Desktop to access the sdcard mount. Assuming the user account is 'maru':
$ sudo addgroup --gid 1015 sdcard_rw $ sudo adduser maru sdcard_rw
After restarting the desktop, the sdcard mount will be accessible again.
Open-source version of v0.2.3.
Note there is no official release since it is basically the same as v0.2.3.
This is the first public release of Maru OS!
- Mount entire sdcard in desktop
- Update desktop image with latest packages
- Fix dropped Bluetooth device key events
- Fix system time defaulting to 1970s on reboot (after network time sync-up)
- Add "Maru version" to Settings > About Phone
- Strip harmless audit logs
- Add HELP.txt instructions to restore gapps from 3rd party
- Strip verbose logging
- Properly format storage for 32GB Nexus 5
- Recover properly from factory resets
- Optimize image size
- Fix app compatibility
- Initial release